Saturday, July 19, 2008

My best birthday gift ever

Firstly, I must really thank the organizers and the event facilitators for such a wonderful event. I am a graduate student in University of Cincinnati. Entrepreneurship had been a distant dream to me for quite sometime now. Things suddenly changed on July 11th when my friend and fellow participant told me that there was a vacancy to join the group for InOneWeekend. The best part was that this happened on my 25th birthday. I got the best gift ever.... the opportunity to be a part of something big!! :)

To begin with I was quite doubtful whether 100 people can really come together and zero in on a single idea. The brain storming sessions were awesome. It was amazing to see people come up with creative ideas. This thrilled me and motivated me. When "LivingHistory.com" (the idea which recieved max votes and an idea which set the core purpose of LifeSpoke) was born on Friday 11:50pm, I was quite frankly excited and also unsure whether we can proceed to the next phase. Then the Saturday morning brainstorming sessions set a path for what we needed to do. It felt great to see things shaping up. By Sunday evening, it was all set and the presentations by various teams were so professional and it was hard to believe at the end of the day that I really had been a part of something big and something different.

I had come to this event with a motto to learn how a company can be set up. I might not have given real contributions to the company so far, but I have learnt a lot of things. As a student, I can take back lot of these experiences like interacting with enterpreneurs, being in team meetings, brain storming, voting, team work and so on..... invaluable lessons learnt in just 3 days. By far the best birthday gift I ever got..... thanks a lot for the opportunity :)

Hoping to contribute more in the immediate future. :)

Kapil

1 comment:

Bala said...

Nice Post!!!

Great start for beyond QuarterLife.
Same experience for me too.